How to install MagenTheme quickstart package
MagenTheme provides quickstart package for each magento theme which aims to easy to use and comfortable for users. It will help you save much time of installing and configuring if you plan to start your site from the beginning. Installing QuickStart package is quite easy as you install normal magento. The quickstart package included all the files needed to install magento latest stable version, our theme, extensions, also the sql dump content included to set the template exactly like we show on the demo showcase.
QuickStart= Magento latest stable version + MT themes + extensions + sql demo contents
Please step by step
- Download the QuickStart package .zip file from the MagenTheme website and uncompress it (you can use winrar or winzip to uncompress files on windows machine or use unzip zipfilename.zip to uncompress files on Linux server)
- Upload the Magento web files to your web server via FTP
- Create a MySQL database and user/password for Magento This step varies by hosting provider and is out of the scope of this document. Consult your provider's support/documentation for instructions on how to do this.
- Ensure that the file magento/var/.htaccess, the directories magento/app/etc, magento/var, and all the directories under magento/media are writable by the web server. To do so, navigate to the directory with your FTP client. Then locate the function "Change Permissions" or "Change Mode" in your FTP client and select it. Once you find the function, you must set the permissions so the web server can write to this file. There are two typical ways of representing file permissions in Linux:
- As a number (eg, 755)
- As a series of permissions categorized into user, group, and other
- Use your web browser to surf to the Magento installation wizard. If you've uploaded the Magento files to http://www.example.com/magento/, then the wizard will be located here: http://www.example.com/magento/install/.
- Once in the wizard, you can configure various system-level settings that are required for Magento to function. Most options will be intelligently guessed for you, but you're free to override any settings that don't look right. At the very least, change the database parameters in the first box “Database connection” to match those of the database you set up in Step 2.
- Success! You've installed MagenTheme QuickStart package. You can now visit the administration backend and begin configuring your new online store